ALL THE BENEFITS OF PROFESSOR-LED, INTERACTIVE LEARNING IN A MODERN AND FLEXIBLE TECHNOLOGY-ENABLED FORMAT
WHAT IS THE GLOBAL CLASSROOM PEDAGOGY?
- The Global Classroom Pedagogy encapsulates the teaching and learning philosophy of the University. The learner enters an online classroom where they can learn and interact with other students and the professor.
- Classes typically have between 15 and 40 learners from across the globe. Each class is facilitated by one of our global faculty members.
- A class normally runs for a period of 14 weeks during which there is continuous assessment throughout. At the end of the period, there is a final examination.
- The classroom can be accessed by students anywhere, anytime.
HOW WILL I LEARN?
Learners are given a study schedule that describes the learning activities that they must carry out, including:
- Reviewing the online courseware
- Watching recorded video-lectures
- Participating in weekly online discussions
- Analysing case-studies
- Reviewing recommended readings in the e-library
- Completing an action learning project as part of a virtual team
- Completing a final integrated project as part of a virtual team
HOW MUCH TIME DO I NEED TO SET ASIDE FOR STUDY?
The time required to study varies from individual to individual. As a guide, a standard course is based around a total of 160 study hours including reading, discussions, interactions, assessment, examination, and research. This adds to about 12 hours per week.
WHO WILL BE MY PROFESSOR?
HOW WILL I INTERACT WITH OTHERS?
- Learners continuously interact with their fellow learners and the professor throughout the entire course. Given the global community of students and professors, most of the interactions take place through online discussion boards and emails.
- You can ask questions to the professor at any time by posing a question on the discussion board or by sending them a direct email. The professor will typically respond by the following day.
WILL I NEED TO BE ONLINE AT A SPECIFIC TIME?
- You do not need to be online at a specific time. Most of the learning activities can be carried out at a time that suits you.
- However, there may be occasions where, as a team, you decide to get together virtually on Skype, phone, or other modes of collaboration. The professor may also on occasion organize a live webinar or a Q&A session.
HOW WILL I BE ASSESSED AND WHAT ABOUT THE EXAMINATION?
- Please see assessment and examinations.
- Please see our learning FAQs if you have further questions or you may contact us here.