TAKE YOUR EXAM WHERE YOU FEEL MOST COMFORTABLE
- The mode of assessment and examinations varies from program to program.
- The University advocates an authentic assessment approach wherein it encourages assessment activities that require the students to apply their learning to real-life problems, case-studies, or situations that they would face in the real-world.
- Typically, for programs such as MBA and MSc ITM, a student’s performance in a subject depends on a combination of continuous assessment and the final examination
Continuous assessment is normally worth 60% of a student’s overall score. A student is assessed on:
- Discussion Board Activities (30%)
- Action Learning Group Project (15%)
- Final Integrated Project (15%)
- Final Open-Book Open-Web Exam (40%)
For team projects, teams are usually formed by our intelligent learning management system though professors have the flexibility to manually assign students to various teams. In order to preserve the sanctity and rigor of group work, students must complete a self and peer assessment at the end of each team project. This is used to award the student an individual mark for the team project that truly reflects the level of an individual’s contribution to the team’s cause.
At the end of a subject, students must pass a final exam worth 40% of the overall score. Please note that students must pass the final exam to pass the subject as a whole, i.e. a student cannot simply do well on the continuous assessment and do poorly for the final exam.
Exams are conducted online using the University’s established Open-Book Open-Web (OBOW) exam approach.
CASE STUDY METHOD
The case study method pioneered by Harvard Business Schools enables working professionals to assimilate theory better and apply the concepts to the real world. This method puts students in real-world business situations and challenges them to analyse, assess and make business decisions. They have to then defend these decisions in a classroom full of opinionated peers from diverse backgrounds. It is this rigorous process of testing your analytical ability on a daily basis that truly prepares you for leadership roles.
At the heart of the case study method is the faculty who facilitates the discussions and ask those all-important questions that lead to an ‘aha’ moment of learning.
At GlobalNxt University, we have perfected the case study method for the virtual platform. Our students thrive on the discussion boards and enjoy every bit of this experience, coming out not only better prepared for management positions but also with a more balanced and well-rounded perspective. Our faculty are master trainers in the case study method and work closely with students to bring out the best in them and push them to think beyond the obvious.