Master of Education
“Our interactive online learning environment engages students and encourages ongoing communications between students and their professors that stimulates learning and ensures a high-quality educational experience in all our graduate school courses."
(MOHE Course Code: N-DL/142/7/0035)(MQA/PA15030)
The Master of Education (M.Ed.) is a two years’ research-based program. The program is meant for individuals who wish to prepare themselves for a career as an educator or accelerate their current career prospects to the next level. With the ever-growing pace of technology and ever-changing learning needs, continuous innovation has become a necessity for sustenance of the global economy. The program is designed to foster talent for the education sector as demanded by today’s knowledge-based economy.
Offering a learning experience that goes beyond the physical boundaries of a classroom, Manipal GlobalNxt University’s Master's degree offered online, focuses on broadening practical knowledge in the subject. Aimed at developing the professional skills of the learners, it familiarises them with the complexities triggered by the ever-changing and ever-evolving challenges in knowledge management.
Our Master's program in Education, allows working adults to focus on problems that matter to them and their employing Institutions the most. Instead of navigating through multiple modules covering theoretical concepts, this program requires learners to complete only three research modules in total to obtain a master's level qualification. The program is flexible enough to allow learners to select their area of research across diverse areas such as outcome based education (OBE), curriculum development, pedagogy and assessment design, adult learning, learning styles, adaptive learning, technology in learning, active learning, early childhood education, remote learning, open and distance learning (ODL), learner life cycle management, life-long learning, experiential learning, accreditation, internationalisation of education and student mobility, credit based learning and massive open online courses (MOOC).
With the entire learning material and library resources available online 24*7, it gives the learner the flexibility to refer to the learning resources any time during the day. The professors are also readily available to guide the students as needed.
As most learners opting for the course are experienced professionals, the typical age of the applicants for our online master's program is between 26 and 45 years. The students generally take around 24 months to complete the program.
ADMISSION ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field with a minimum CGPA of 2.75 from an institution of higher learning as approved by the Academic Senate of the University, OR;
- A bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in a related field with a CGPA between 2.50 to 2.75 from an institution of higher learning as approved by the Academic Senate of the University after rigorous internal assessment, OR;
- A bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with CGPA less than 2.50 from an institution of higher learning as approved by the Academic Senate of the University, with a minimum of 5 years' relevant working experience.
- Applicants without a qualification in related field or relevant working experience may have to meet additional entry criteria as established by the Academic Senate of the University.
Students are required to complete 2 research subjects and write a research dissertation in their preferred area related to Education.
Research Methodology 1
|Research Methodology 2|
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How long will it take to complete my Master's degree?
Students who follow the standard study plan will complete the course in 2 years.