TATA PROJECTS (SCM)
INTENSIVE LEARNING PROGRAM IN SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT FOR MID-LEVEL MANAGERS
Tata Projects has a presence across 32 countries and is a leading engineering, procurement, and construction company with businesses in power, transmission, railways, metals, oil & gas, water, and quality services.
It has a revenue of over Rs 3,600 crores and 2,700 employees.
A few of the awards received by Tata Projects in recent years:
- Dun & Bradstreet infrastructure award for the Industrial Infrastructure Project of the Year 2013
- Received the "Outstanding Performance in Specialised Projects" award from EPC World for 2013
- India's Most Admired Construction Company Award 2013 by Construction World
- Received the Construction Company of the Year Award from EPC World for 2011.
As a specialised infrastructure company, Supply Chain becomes one of the critical area on concern. The team involved in Supply Chain, logistics etc. forms the core and an integral part of any infrastructure project that Tata Projects undertake. In such a scenario it is imperative that the team involved in managing Supply Chain is fully equipped with adequate knowledge, is capable and has to constantly learn.
Keeping in mind the concept of continuous learning and also to give a comprehensive overview of overall Supply Chain, Tata Projects partnered with GlobalNxt for a focused program on SCM. The requirement was of a flexible, self-paced but facilitated program which was aptly met by the offering from GlobalNxt University.
A 14 week program- Professional Development Award in Supply Chain Management: Intensive learning program in Supply Chain Management for mid-level managers with experience in the range of 10 to 20 years.
- Defining Supply Chain Management
- Procurement and Manufacturing
- Supply Chain Information Needs and ERP
- Customer Focus
- Managing the Supply Chain
Duration of program: 14 weeks
Number of people who participated: 20
The program significantly enhanced the participants’ understanding of the contemporary trends and issues in supply chain management. The platform enabled highly experienced individuals, geographically dispersed, to come together and share their learning and lessons, thereby enriching the community’s knowledge.