TATA PROJECTS (PM)
COMPREHENSIVE LEARNING PROGRAM IN PROJECT MANAGEMENT FOR MID-LEVEL MANAGERS
Tata Projects has a presence across 32 countries, and is a leading engineering, procurement and construction company with businesses in power, transmission, railways, metals, oil & gas, water and quality services.
It has a revenue of over Rs 3,600 crores and 2,700 employees.
A few of the awards received by Tata Projects in recent years:
- Dun & Bradstreet infrastructure award for the Industrial Infrastructure Project of the Year 2013
- Received the "Outstanding Performance in Specialised Projects" award from EPC World for 2013
- India's Most Admired Construction Company Award 2013 by Construction World
- Received the Construction Company of the Year Award from EPC World for 2011.
Quality of service to all its stakeholders and employee skill enhancement are two of the key areas that TPL is very particular about. TPL is focused on employee development and provides opportunities and adequate training to appropriately skilled employees through global opportunities and continuous learning.
With a vision to provide the best of learning and skills to the employees of Tata Projects as well as other Tata Group Companies in areas of engineering, procurement and construction, TPL has set up the EPC Academy. The academy had a primary requirement of providing some core learning in the area of project management customised to the requirement of an EPC industry. The program also needed to be flexible and something which people at multiple locations could do by being a single cohort. The Executive Certificate Program in Project Management from GlobalNxt University was the final solution.
Executive Certificate in Project Management: Comprehensive learning program in Project Management for mid-level managers with experience in between 10 to 20 years.
Program Modules: The program has four core modules as listed below:
- Project Planning
- Project Finance and Budgeting
- Project Risk Management
- Contracts Management in Projects
Duration of program
- The program duration is 34 weeks.
- Each module is spread across 8 weeks
Number of participants
- 1st Batch of 30 participants
- 2nd Batch with 30 participants.
In line with global trends in which EPC companies are seeking professional help with project management and embracing virtual learning, this program for highly experienced senior managers at TATA Projects has not only sparked interest and engagement but is also bringing about a radical change in their learning habits through intense experience sharing and successful creation of knowledge.