DR ALEXANDRA GRAY
Alexandra’s research interests are focused on the dynamics between employment relations, competitive performance and new technologies. Her past work has involved examining the impact of the national minimum wage on a range of industrial sectors for the Low Pay Commission and the changing nature of employment patterns and its implications for the economic and social welfare of the Yorkshire region of Great Britain.
She is interested in supervising doctoral work in the broad fields of employment relations and HRM. She is particularly interested in supervising doctoral work in the following areas:
- The impacts of working across cultural and geographical boundaries on employment practices
- The state and employment relations
- Employment and social protection policy and outcomes
- Low-paid work and minimum wages; trade unions; social dialogue; vulnerable workers (e.g. migrants, work in the informal economy).
She is also interested in supervising his students in the following areas:
- The impact of gender and culture on promotion
- The glass ceiling and its impact on senior female managers in multi/trans national corporations.
To get in touch with Dr Alexandra Gray, please go to this page