MSc in IT Management
Master of Science in Information Technology Management (N/482/7/0044)
Developing leaders who can align IT strategy with business goals
The MSc in IT Management (MITM) programme prepare individuals for a range of IT-related management roles such as IT project manager, technology consultant, systems analyst, IT strategist and IT director.
The programme has a distinct management rather than purely technical focus and bridges the gap that often exists between IT and business. The programme is particularly well suited to IT professionals whose job involves close interaction with non-IT and business people.
Participants on the MITM programme typically have between 5 to 15 years experience of work experience in IT.
Upon completion of this programme, students should be able to:
- Examine business problems from an IT perspective
- Align IT plans and objectives with business plans and objectives
- Formulate strategic and tactical recommendations for the use of IT to improve business performance
- Plan and organise IT-related projects, activities and initiatives
- Make decisions based on organisational factors to ensure the successful deployment of IT solutions
- Collaborate effectively with both IT and non-IT stakeholders as part of a project team
Using our Flexi-Pace model, students typically complete the programme in 18 to 24 months but can complete the programme in as quick as 12 months.
The normal candidature period is 3 years, but students can study beyond the normal candidature period via extended candidature
Students are required to complete a total of 12 subjects comprising of 7 core (mandatory) subjects, any 3 elective subjects and a management research project (worth 2 subjects).
- Information Technology Systems for Business
- IS Project Management
- Enterprise Systems Development
- Business Process Management and Outsourcing
- Enterprise Architecture
- Database Management and Applications
- Research Methods
Elective subjects (select 3)
- Information Systems Strategy
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Enterprise Knowledge Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Management of Services
- IT Outsourcing and Vendor Management
- Information Systems Security
Please see the full admission requirements.